Monday, February 15, 2010

Wedding Card #2

This is the card I originally started for my cousins upcoming wedding. It started with a great idea of making a paper cake and it ended up being 3-d. Since I need to send it in the mail, that this prob wasn't the best idea for mailing. I love how it turned out, though.


Side View 


Supplies Used: Bazzill CS, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Shimmerz Pixie dust, Brilliance Ink Starlite Silver, Prima and KaiserCraft Bling, Prima Flowers, Maya Ribbon, Imaginisce Crystal Heart, Xyron 150, Sookwang Tape, Glue Dots

For a 6x6 inch card:
1. Cut 1 1/4 inch strips in lengths of 5 1/2, 4 and 2 1/2 inches.
2. Score the edges at 1/2 inch on each side to make tabs, trim top corners off. I also trimmed a square off the bottom of the tab, so the ribbon wraps around to the back.
3. Embellish strips as desired.
4. For the botton layer, measure 1 1/2 inches from the edge, 2 inches for middle layer and 2 1/2 inches for the top layer.
5. Cut Sookwang tape to cover tab only.
6. Tape the tabs so the scored edge of the tab covers the marks measured from the edge.
7. Embellish rest of the cards as desired.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! How lovely!

Jamiecrafts said...

this is really cool, i love the demention, great job!

Mary said...

Carissa....Your card is wonderful! Wow! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

WOW!! This card is fantastic! How did you adhere each layer to the base card?

Carissa said...

I updated my post with measurements and directions. I'll try and upload pictures later, if the directions aren't clear enough. Thank you for all your comments.

Hetty said...

Wonderful! Absolutely a great card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Carissa!

Jillian said...

Carissa, this card is gorgeous - so different and so fun! I saw your post on LB that you are updating your blog more frequently again so I thought I'd check you out - you've got a lot of great stuff here!! Keep it up! :)